Feel like you’d like to talk to someone?
Find a Gambling Counsellor
A gambling counsellor can help you navigate this—no matter what stage you’re at. It’s completely free, confidential, and anonymous.
Problem Gambling Helpline
- Providing information about counselling services and support in your community
- Booking your first appointment with a treatment provider
- Listening, offering support, and providing strategies to help you meet your goals
It’s important to get your finances in order to prevent any further debts. A phone call to Canada’s longest-standing not-for-profit credit counselling agency could help you feel more confident about your finances. They have over 50 years of experience in helping people get out of debt and achieve financial freedom.
OLG Self-Exclusion Program
Self-Exclusion is a voluntary program offered to individuals who want to control or stop their gambling. It’s a commitment to stay away from gambling opportunities in Ontario and is available at slots, casinos, resort casinos, charitable bingo and gaming sites with electronic play, and PlayOLG.ca.
- You can choose how long you would like to be excluded for. The available options are: six months, one year, or indefinitely.
- The program is completely confidential—no one will know besides you, the program administrators, and those you tell.
- A person who has self-excluded will be removed from all OLG marketing lists and will have their picture entered into OLG’s Facial Recognition Database. Should the individual be detected at a gaming site, they will be asked to leave the premises.
To learn more about how self-exclusion works, visit playsmart.ca or call the OLG Support Centre: 1-800-387-0098.
Want to share your experience with someone online? Visit gamtalk.org for online support for people struggling with gambling, and connect with people who have been through this before.
COSTI Immigrant Services is a community-based multicultural agency providing employment, educational, settlement and social services to all immigrant communities, new Canadians and individuals in need of assistance.